Gm Ls Engine Swap Subframe Subaru Impreza Wrx & Sti 2008-2014, Legacy 05-09, Forester 09-13
Main components in the kit:
* Front Engine Subframe, fabricated with all DOM tubing
* Control Arms, fabricated with all DOM tubing
* Hd Bump Steer / Tie Rod adapter kit
* Adjustable Slotted Motor Mount Plates
* Adjustable slotted Transmission Mount (If selected below)
* Grade 8 Hardware
*Energy Suspension Poly Motor Mount Inserts Included
Installation does require a NISSAN S14 sway bar (27mm)
***We require you to send in a 04-07 STI or 08-14 STI steering linkage for modification.(standard wrx linkage not accepted) See Picture below for part identification. Or you can purchase one from us.
*Some chassis modification is required:
Such as rear trans brace must be removed from firewall and new compact clutch master cylinder. And drilling four 1/2" holes to bolt in the improved transmission mount.
Tie Rod holes on the front spindles enlarged to 5/8" ID.
*02-04 Wrx steering rack required.
• The new Transmission mount will work with a T56 6speed and F-body shifter and also now allows the use of a gm automatic transmission 4L60E, 4L80E, Turbo 350/ 400 or any automatic in that family. Your choice.
The mount does require drilling 1/2" holes for mounting. We recommend you installing the front subframe with your engine and transmission mated together to find the best suited location for your transmission mount. Simply bolt the transmission poly mount to the transmission mount and use a jack to raise the transmission up so the mount goes to the correct location in the frame rails. Mark and drill. Every Automatic Transmission style has different tail shaft lengths for mount locations.
With the automatic transmission pans, most requirespot weld drilling and removal of the stock transmission mounting locations underneath your car.
Fast Nigel Fabrication
5783 Us Hwy 11
Springville, Al. 35146